Tonight, we got a bit experimental with our cocktails and put this delicious sipper together:
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 once Solerno blood orange liqueur
- One orange peel (about one inch plus more for garnish)
- Splash of club soda
- Three dashes of orange bitters (bitterment orange citrate is my preference)
- Put the booze in a cocktail shaker.
- Drop in the orange peel and muddle for a few minutes.
- Add the bitters.
- Add ice and shake liberally.
- Put in a chilled glass (I like a coupe).
- Garnish with an orange twist.
- Add a splash of soda.
Photo credit: Rose Petralia who helped me conceive of this cocktail.